Combined Community Codec Pack
The Combined Community Codec Pack, more commonly referred to as CCCP, is a filter pack for Microsoft Windows designed for playback of most common media formats. CCCP is developed and maintained by members of various fansubbing groups, and is specifically designed for viewing anime.
The name CCCP is a pun on the Союз Советских Социалистических Республик (Soyuz Sovyetskikh Sotsialistichyeskikh Respublik), the Russian name for the USSR; the Cyrillic name for the USSR is initialized CCCP, however it transliterates to SSSR.
As of 2006, the CCCP is the official Matroska playback solution on Windows, having superseded the Matroska Playback Pack.
Note: Installing all of these separately will not have the same effect as installing the CCCP because the ffdshow build (the core video/audio decoding software) is customized and so are all of the components' settings.
Splitters and Decoders
- ffdshow-tryouts (custom build)
- Gabest's FLV Splitter
- Gabest's MPV (MPEG-2) Decoder
- Haali Media Splitter
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema (custom build)
- Container formats: AVI, OGM, MKV, MP4, FLV, 3GP and TS
- Video codecs: MPEG-2, DivX, XviD, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, WMV9, FLV1, Theora, and Generic MPEG-4 ASP (3ivx, lavc, etc.)
- Audio codecs: MP1, MP2, MP3, AC3, DTS, AAC, Vorbis, LPCM, FLAC, TTA and WavPack
High Def h264 Playback
The ffdshow h264 decoder included in CCCP may have issues playing high resolution (720p, 1080p) video on some machines. It is possible to install CoreAVC alongside CCCP to improve h264 decoding performance.