We only accept complete, Anime/manga-related Series/Movies/OVAs/printed materials. We also allow Live Action adaptations (of anime/manga and related games/eroge/visual novels).
Not accepted are items specifically made for the American market.
Read the walkthrough to making a torrent offer if it is your first time making one. The Torrent Content Upload Guidelines cover what content is allowed to be uploaded here. In this section, we describe in detail how we want this content to be packaged.
If in doubt, remember our mantra: Quality over Quantity
- 1 Format Preferences
- 1.1 Video
- 1.2 Printed Media
- 1.3 Audio Media
- 2 Extra Files
In selecting accepted formats for release, we go for the best quality possible, but we also try to accommodate lower-spec machines that might not be able to handle high-bitrate content.
- TV Series
- BD/DVD/TV Specials
- OVA/ONA (ONA goes under OVA)
- Live Action
- Music Videos
- Codecs: Xvid, H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC
- Containers: AVI, MKV, MP4
- Subtitles: Softsubs
- (Group A) 1080p releases
- (Group B) 720p releases
- (Group C) SD (generally 576p and below)
- (Group D) Staff-approved exceptions
- Groups A, B and C have 2 slots each, for the best available single-audio and multi-audio releases.
- If the best available release* happens to be multi-audio, only one slot will be used.
* Releases are judged on video, audio and subtitles. A multi-audio release that is, in all three aspects, comparable to or better than a single-audio release will displace it.
Each video group will hold no more than 2 releases, one per slot (single-audio/multi-audio). Under certain circumstances listed below, we may grant some releases under video group D:
- Very high bitrate content in Group B with no accepted releases in Group C
- A lower-bitrate option may be granted in Group D for lower-spec machines.
- A release with lower video quality, but has better subtitles than existing releases.
- Other notable exceptions, to be decided by staff.
- E.g. PSNR's HDTV release of GitS movie, which has video quite different from the filtered Blurays.
Note: Offers for a release might not be accepted if a better/preferred version is on the way.
The following exceptions apply:
- HDTV/DVD rips are temporarily allowed if complete Bluray rips are more than a month away. These will be replaced once the Bluray release is uploaded.
- We're still thinking.
Remuxing of audio and subtitle tracks from other groups is generally discouraged. Keep group releases intact as far as possible.
The following Remux exceptions apply:
- We will accept remuxes if the available releases all fail terribly in one or more aspects (video, audio, subtitling, etc). We will not approve releases with audio from one group and video from another, just because "the audio track from one is somewhat better than the other".
- Remuxes that combine a HD video quality release with the english audio track of a lower video quality release will be considered only if there is no sign of a dual audio HD release appearing any time soon. The timing of the audio and subs must be spot on, we do not want some demux, remux, release crap.
- If any HD dual audio alternative exists (either 720p or higher) a remux will not be considered just because it is not available in all HD resolutions.
- Remuxes that combine the best tracks from different, but otherwise complete releases or leave a release as-is BUT add a significant improvement to it (addition of relevant notes or QCing the script) will be considered on a case-to-case basis.
NOTE: If allowed all re-muxed releases must have 'Remux' keyword and credit the groups used in suggested format:
- [Groups] [Title] [Episode number] [CRC] - source of the video (TV, DVD or Bluray) may be added as well, but is optional.
- [BBT-RMX] [Groups] [Title] [Episode number] [CRC] - alternative naming if the remux is intended specifically for BakaBT.
NOTE 2: To keep better track of our files even upon removal please update them in our AniDB entry.
Printed Media Types
- Light Novel
Printed Media Format
- Images: PNG, JPG
- Archives: None
- Light Novels
- Images: PNG, JPG
- Documents: PDF, ePUB
- All Other Printed Media
- Images: PNG, JPG
- Archives: ZIP, RAR, 7Z, CBZ, CBR, and CB7
Printed Media Groupings
- We only allow 2 versions of all printed media releases
- (Group B) Scans
- (Group C) Scanlations
- The best scanlation version and industry scan for each manga series.
- We only allow 1 release (best quality version) for artbooks and/or other printed material. Exceptions may apply on a case-by-case basis.
- Exceptions may be granted for completely serialised manga that are not completely scanlated and have no active scanlators working on it.
- Exceptions may be granted for incomplete manga up to the end of the latest story arc if the manga has at least 10 volumes published or has been serialised for over 5 years.
- Exceptions may be granted if an incomplete manga has no active scanlators.
- (Group-based classification is not used for manga.)
- We only allow 2 versions of any OST album/compilation:
- Offers must be in one-file-per-track format.
- All files in an album/compilation should match a single group (Audio Format). You may not have an MP3 file in an otherwise FLAC group release.
- Similarly do not mix formats.
- i.e. FLAC: 24bit or 16bit
- i.e. MP3: 320kbps CBR or v0 VBR.
Files with the following extensions should be added as extra files:
The following files may be added as part of the main torrent (moderator's decisions will override these rules):
- Translation notes (for certain anime series or manga)
- Timed subtitles (.ass/.srt/,sub), in English only. Subtitle files for other languages should be attached as extra files if so desired.
- Album cover scans (for soundtrack/single albums)
Where in doubt, ask in the Uploader's Forum.