How to create torrent files
This article is aimed at providing a simple guide for BoxTorrents users to follow when creating torrents and offering them to the BoxTorrents tracker. Remember to read the Blacklist before attempting to offer to the tracker.
Creating Torrent Files with Different Clients
- uTorrent 1.7 -1.8.1
- Assemble the file(s) and folder(s) in the way you wish it to be presented. (ie. Series in folders, Manga in archived files, OSTs organized by CD)
- Open uTorrent
- Select File -> Create New Torrent, or alternatively select the Create New Torrent button
- To select a single file, select Add File. To select a folder containing files and folders, select Add Directory.
- Select the files or folders you wish to upload and press OK.
- In the Trackers box, add the address http://tracker.boxtorrents.com:2710/announce.php
- Place a checkmark in the box that says private torrent.
- Select Create and Save as..., the .torrent file will be created.
- Select the destination you wish your file to be created in and click Save.
- You are done. You are now ready to offer to the tracker.