Revision as of 13:39, 7 October 2017 by Lololitas (Created page with "= Account Creation = ==Registration== Normal Registration is not available at this time. We're moving to an invite based system and are conducting interviews to hand out invi...")
- 1 Account Creation
- 1.1 Registration
- 1.2 I had an account with you before! It was pruned...
- 1.3 Getting invited
Normal Registration is not available at this time. We're moving to an invite based system and are conducting interviews to hand out invites at the moment.
I had an account with you before! It was pruned...
Remaking your account
- For a limited time we're allowing pruned users who activated their forum accounts to remake their accounts.
- All you need to do is to go to your forum account's profile page and hit the link Remake your account
- If you forgot your login credentials and have trouble recovering your password join us on IRC
- If it's unrecoverable just follow the steps below.
Can I just ask a friend to give me one
At the moment: No. We're planning on implementing an invite system
How do I get invited?
- Right now, the only way to get invited is by passing an interview administered by site staff. These interviews are conducted on IRC, so follow our guide to find your way there.
- The Invite channel is #bakabt-invites,
- Once in the channel type !queue , other commands are !queueStatus and !help
- Wait until you are invited to an interview channel. If necessary type /join channel
- Pass the interview.
This Interview scares me!
- There's nothing to be afraid of. Most of the things we ask can be answered if you read through the more important pages of this very wiki.
- Important pages are the Rules, the FAQ, the Whitelist and the Blacklist.
- If you had an account with us before, don't be afraid to tell us.
- If you are on private trackers, prepare screenshots of your profile page (you can hide sensitive information). The interviewer may ask for a link to your profile page.
- We don't require people to be on another private tracker.
- If you plan to offer content make sure to read up on that. Planning to offer something won't save a failed interview, not wanting to offer something will NEVER ruin a passing grade, so just be honest about it.
I passed the interview, what now?
- You sign up. Wait for the interviewing staff member to hand you a link. You can use that to sign up.
- Due to some email providers blocking us, we currently recommend using gmail or ymail. Protonmail also appears to be working.
- Hosts known to block us are Microsoft (hotmail/live) and gmx. Some users have reported others being problematic so try using the above recommended emails
- An activation email will be sent to that adress. Activate your account as soon as possible.
I messed up and used a hosts that's blocking you?
- If you're still in the interview channel, ask for help.
- If you already left the channel, join us on our support channel on IRC
I failed, what now?
- If you actually read through all of the above and still failed: Congrats, that shouldn't be possible.
- In general it's really hard to fail
- I mean really...
- So you still failed? Read the wiki again, a bit more properly. Check for the questions you didn't do well in. Try again the next day.