From BakaBT Wiki
These guidelines apply for the entire site (Tracker, Forums, Blog, Wiki and IRC channels).
- NO advertising allowed without staff permission.
- NO pornography-related material.
- Relevant hentai graphics allowed in torrent descriptions of hentai material
- Hentai discussions not allowed on forums (except in the Hentai forum).
- No linking to loli/shota material
- NO flaming, no sexist/racist/religious/discriminatory comments.
- NO group/staff/site bashing or insulting.
- RESPECT other members. If you yourself do not like being mistreated or disrespected, don't go doing it to others.
- Do not use colour excessively on comments, forum posts, and in our IRC channel.
Warnings, suspensions and/or bans may be dealt for flouting the above rules.
When addressing staff:
- Please under no circumstance disrespect the mods. They patrol BakaBT for the community, volunteering their time helping out.
- We will NOT tolerate any abuse towards any members of the staff (doing so may result in a possible ban).
- If you feel you have been mistreated by a staff member, do not insult or bitch at them. Contact one of the administrators/owners so we can resolve this in a civil manner.
Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. If you see any infringement of rules and it doesn't look like any action has been taken, report it through the appropriate channels. If you have any questions you can find us at #bakabt-support on irc.rizon.net or leave us a PM.
Like all groups that do not like wasting time on internet ethics, BakaBT staff reserve the right to make final decisions without further explanation. We enforce fairness based on our own judgement. This site is not a democracy.
If you just received your first ban for pushing things a little too far and would like to be unbanned, the best way to do so is to drop by #bakabt-support, politely explain your point of view in a few lines and put in a request to be unbanned. If you choose to push the issue, insist on an explanation, demand a re-analysis of the situation, or tell us how to do our moderating etc, expect a full ban (on IRC channel, tracker and forums).
These guidelines exist to protect fair users and to keep BakaBT a happy community.
- Do not go against staff members' wishes.
- Do not upload your private torrent files (.torrent files that you downloaded when logged in) to other trackers.
- Do not hotlink to our torrent files from other sites, link to the description page instead.
- If your overall ratio is too low, your account will be warned.
- Only whitelisted torrent clients/applications may be used. Do not ask for blacklisted clients to be whitelisted.
- Stat-hacking/cheating in any form may result in bans with or without warning. That means attempting to modify your data transfer statistics in any way.
- No posting of "please seed", "please approve this", "when will this be approved", "will seed this", "will download this", "thanks" and other similarly useless comments in the torrent comments page. Users who post such comments will have their accounts warned. Torrent comments are strictly for comments relating to the torrent and its content (i.e. not a ranting place for you).
- Multi-accounting is not allowed. Users suspected of multi-accounting will have their accounts suspended or warned.
- No use of offensive language (rape, fuck, cum, etc.) in user nicknames. Users with such nicknames will have their accounts suspended.
Tracker Avatar Guidelines
Avatar image size limit:
Keep in mind that avatars will be resized to 100px by 100px regardless of their original aspect ratio.
* maximum height : none * maximum width : none * maximum file size : 100kB
Same as Forum Ava/Sig Guidelines
See FAQ: What are the different user classes?
We try to keep BakaBT a place where anime fans can meet and discuss anime in a broad sense. To make sure BakaBT stays a happy community we need your assistance, please follow the rules stated below:
When posting on the forums the following rules apply:
- NO spam, one-word posts or double-posts (posting twice in a row).
- NO colour/size spam (the use of colour and size is permitted if you need to emphasize something, not so you can use it on every post)
- Topics must stay on topic. Discussion threads that stray off-topic will be locked if warnings are not heeded.
- Type in comprehensible English (this means NO txt tlk and no 1337 5p34|<). If you don't, members are obliged to ignore you.
- Trim your quotes. Use quotes reasonably, and out of courtesy to other people reading the board avoid making unnecessary quote walls.
- NO "Should <member> be unbanned/banned/demodded/remodded" or similar polls/threads. These will be locked immediately, and possibly followed by restriction of forum privileges.
- NO questioning admin decisions regarding site changes or actions. It happens for a reason. These reasons may or may not be given, do not keep pressing for them if they are not.
- NO making threads about locked threads.
- NO making threads asking for invites for other private sites/trackers.
- NO linking to sites/trackers containing blacklisted material.
- When asking for help or support in the support forums, give as much detailed information as you can.
- If you're having issues with your torrent client, tell us which client you are using, which torrents you are having problems with, and give us some information about your connection settings, as well as ISP. More information is always welcome.
- if you're having issues with playback, tell us what operating system you are using, which video player you are using, what your hardware specifications (CPU, chipset, GPU) are, which video file you are having problems with, and what the problem is (stuttering video? audio/video desync? subtitles not displaying), in detail.
- Note that we are not a support forum for generic software/hardware issues (there are better places for that). You may ask about problems you have with other trackers or files you downloaded from elsewhere, but do not be surprised or angry to find that you do not get a reply, or that the thread is locked.
Forum Ava/Sig Guidelines
Signature image size limit:
* maximum height : 150px * maximum width : 500px * maximum file size : 100kB
Avatar image size limit:
* maximum height : 200px * maximum width : 150px * maximum file size : 100kB
* Only one image allowed * NO nudity, pornography or linking to pornography (including hentai) * NO excessively ecchi avatars/signatures (images have to be SFW) * no advertising of other trackers (especially trackers containing blacklisted material) * no advertising or scamming in any form * only four lines of text allowed (one if it's used together with an image signature) ** current limit is 255 characters * No use of offensive language (rape, fuck, cum, etc.) * No bashing/hate/racism/etc. in the signatures either
These guidelines exist to protect the sanity and happiness of IRC users.
- No flaming. No spamming. No unsolicited advertising of site/services.
- No excessive use of colours. Some colour formatting in IRC scripts is allowed.
- Exception: the word "fabulous" may be highlighted only in magenta.
- No using capslock as typing cruise control. In other words, no excessive use of capital letters, or other forms of abuse of capital letters (such as random capitalisation).
- No discussion of religion/drugs and other disapproved topics.
We try to stay liberal, but also have to consider the overall situation when it comes to these topics.
A torrent community is not the place for serious discussion of these topics.
If you want a serious discussion, find a more appropriate channel.
- No use of offensive language (rape, fuck, cum etc) in user nicknames. (This includes names from banned topics and impersonation.)
- No WB scripts. IF you really like WBs, type them yourself manually or use a quotable database (such as Chalamius').
- No posting of explicit loli/shota images in the channel. Users caught posting them may find themselves banned. (You're allowed to discuss or request them sent privately).
- This channel serves as a support channel for account-related issues only. For other enquiries, users should read the wiki, then post in the forums if there is no information in the wiki on the issue.
- Users are not to PM staff unless asked to.
- Users without any business on #bakabt-support will be kicked. Those with auto-rejoin will have their IPs banned until auto-rejoin is disabled.
Torrent Content Upload Guidelines
See: DO NOT UPLOAD
The wiki is for informative purposes only. Anyone found abusing it or intentionally editing it in a misleading manner will be banned from the site.