We only accept complete, Anime/manga-related Series/Movies/OVAs/printed materials. We also allow Live Action adaptations (of anime/manga and related games/eroge/visual novels).
The Torrent Content Upload Guidelines cover what content is allowed to be uploaded here. In this section, we describe in detail how we want this content to be packaged.
In general, we accept only:
|Media:||Preferred:||Try not to offer:||Comments:|
Codecs: Xvid, H.264/AVC
Codecs: WMV, RM, QT, etc
OGG, APE, TTA
Widespread support & acceptance preferred.
Images: PNG, JPG
Images: GIF, BMP, TIFF
PNG and JPG preferred for good compression and quality.
Images: PNG, JPG
Images: GIF, BMP, TIFF
Preferences are further detailed below. There are some exceptions to these guidelines.
In selecting accepted formats for release, we go for the best quality possible, but we also try to accomodate lower-spec machines that might not be able to handle high-bitrate content.
- (Group A) 1080p releases
- (Group B) 720p releases
- (Group C) SD (generally 1024x576 and below)
- (Group D) Staff-approved exceptions
- Groups A, B and C have 2 slots each, for the best available single-audio and multi-audio releases.
- If the best available release* happens to be multi-audio, only one slot will be used.
* Releases are judged on video, audio and subtitles. A multi-audio release that is, in all three aspects, comparable to or better than a single-audio release will displace it.
Each video group will hold no more than 2 releases, one per slot (single-audio/multi-audio). Under certain circumstances listed below, we may grant some releases under video group D:
- Very high bitrate content in Group B with no accepted releases in Group C
- A lower-bitrate option may be granted in Group D for lower-spec machines.
- A release with lower video quality, but has better subtitles than existing releases.
- Other notable exceptions, to be decided by staff.
- E.g. PSNR's HDTV release of GitS movie, which has video quite different from the filtered Blurays.
Note: Offers for a release might not be accepted if a better/preferred version is on the way.
Exceptions to Guidelines
The following exceptions apply:
HDTV/DVD rips are temporarily allowed if complete Bluray rips are more than a month away. These will be replaced once the Bluray release is uploaded.
We're still thinking.
Re-muxing of audio and subtitle tracks from other groups is generally discouraged. We will accept remuxes if the available releases all fail terribly in one or more aspects (video, audio, subtitling, etc). We will not approve releases with audio from one group and video from another, just because "the audio track from one is somewhat better than the other". Keep group releases intact as far as possible.
Manga & Printed Material
- We allow up to 2 manga releases (best scanlation version and possibly an industry scan) for each manga series.
- We only allow 1 release (best quality version) for artbooks and/or other printed material. Exceptions may apply on a case-by-case basis.
We only allow 2 versions of any OST album/compilation:
- 1 lossy release, in MP3 format
- 1 lossless lossless release, in FLAC format
- All other lossless formats should be converted to FLAC before uploading.
- FLAC offers must be in one-file-per-track format.
- When editing the torrent, lossless torrents should be set to Group B, and lossy should be set to Group C.
If in doubt, remember our mantra: Quality over quantity
Do read the walkthrough to making a torrent offer if it is your first time making one.
Files with the following extensions should be added as extra files:
The following files may be added as part of the main torrent (moderator's decisions will override these rules):
- Translation notes (for certain anime series or manga)
- Timed subtitles (.ass/.srt/,sub), in English only. Subtitle files for other languages should be attached as extra files if so desired.
- Album cover scans (for soundtrack/single albums)
Where in doubt, ask in the Uploader's Forum.