These guidelines apply for the entire site (tracker, forums, blog and wiki).
- NO advertising allowed without the permission of Box or staff members.
- NO pornography-related material allowed (including signatures and avatars).
- Relevant hentai graphics are allowed in torrent descriptions of hentai material
- Hentai discussions are allowed only within the hentai section of the forums
Warnings, suspensions and/or bans may be dealt for flouting the above rules.
When addressing staff:
- Please under no circumstance disrespect the mods. They patrol Boxtorrents for the community, volunteering their time helping out.
- We will NOT tolerate any abuse towards any members of the staff (doing so may result in a possible ban).
- If you feel you have been mistreated by a staff member, do not insult or bitch at them. Contact one of the administrators so we can resolve this in a civil manner.
Situations not covered by the rules will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. If you see any infringement of rules and it doesn't look like any action has been taken, report it through the appropriate channels. If you have any questions you can find us at #box-support on irc.deltaanime.net or leave us a PM.
These guidelines exist to protect fair users and to keep BoxTorrents a happy community.
- Do not go against the moderator's wishes.
- Do not upload your private torrent files (.torrent files that you downloaded when logged in) to other trackers.
- Do not hotlink to our torrent files from other sites, link to the description page instead.
- If your overall ratio is too low, your account will be warned.
- Stat-hacking/cheating in any form may result in bans with or without warning.
- No posting of "please seed", "please approve this", "when will this be approved" and other similarly useless comments in the torrent comments page. Users who post such comments will have their accounts warned.
- Multi-accounting is not allowed. Users suspected of multi-accounting will be suspended.
- No use of offensive language (rape, fuck, cum etc) in user nicknames. Users with such nicknames will have their accounts suspended.
Tracker Avatar Guidelines
Avatar image size limit: Keep in mind that avatars will be resized to 100px by 100px regardless of their original aspect ratio.
* maximum height : none * maximum width : none * maximum file size : 100kb
Avatar/Signature content: See: Forum Ava/Sig Guidelines
See FAQ: What are the different user classes?
We try to keep BoxTorrents a place where anime fans can meet and discuss anime in a broad sense. To make sure BoxTorrents stays a happy community we need your assistance, please follow the rules stated below:
When posting on the forums the following rules apply:
- NO spam, one-word posts or double-posts (posting twice in a row).
- Topics must stay on topic. Discussion threads that stray off-topic will be locked if warnings are not heeded.
- NO "Should <member> be unbanned/banned/demodded/remodded" or similar polls/threads. These will be locked immediately, and possibly followed by restriction of forum privileges.
- NO questioning admin decisions regarding site changes or actions. It happens for a reason. These reasons may or may not be given, do not keep pressing for them if they are not.
- NO making threads about locked threads.
- NO linking to trackers containing blacklisted material.
- NO flaming or making sexist/racist/religious/discriminatory comments allowed (bans will follow initial warnings).
- RESPECT other members. if you yourself do not like being mistreated or disrespected don't go doing it to others.
- When asking for help or support in the support forums, give as much detailed information as you can.
- If you're having issues with your torrent client, tell us which client you are using, which torrents you are having problems with, and give us some information about your connection settings, as well as ISP. More information is always welcome.
- if you're having issues with playback, tell us what operating system you are using, which video player you are using, what your hardware specifications (CPU, chipset, GPU) are, which video file you are having problems with, and what the problem is (stuttering video? audio/video desync? subtitles not displaying), in detail.
- Note that we are not a support forum for generic software/hardware issues (there are better places for that). You may ask about problems you have with other trackers or files you downloaded from elsewhere, but do not be surprised or angry to find that you do not get a reply, or that the thread is locked.
Forum Ava/Sig Guidelines
Signature image size limit:
* maximum height : 150px * maximum width : 500px * maximum file size : 100kb
Avatar image size limit:
* maximum height : 200px * maximum width : 150px * maximum file size : 100kb
* Only one image allowed * NO nudity, pornography or linking to pornography (including hentai) * no advertising of other trackers (especially trackers containingblacklisted material) * no advertising or scamming in any form * only two lines of text allowed ** current limit is 255 characters * No bashing/hate/racism/etc. in the signatures either
These guidelines exist to protect the sanity and happiness of IRC users.
- No flaming. No spamming. No unsolicited advertising of site/services.
- No excessive use of colours. Some colour formatting in IRC scripts is allowed.
- Exception: the word "fabulous" may be highlighted only in magenta.
- No using capslock as typing cruise control. In other words, no excessive use of capital letters, or other forms of abuse of abuse of capital letters (such as random capitalisation).
- No discussion of religion/drugs and other disapproved topics. We try to stay liberal, but also have to consider the overall situation when it comes to these topics. A torrent community is not the place for serious discussion of these topics. If you want a serious discussion, find a more appropriate channel.
- No use of offensive language (rape, fuck, cum etc) in user nicknames.
Torrent Content Upload Guidelines
You are only allowed to upload (completed) and Anime/manga-related Series/Movies/OVAs/printed materials. We also allow Live Action adaptations of anime/manga and their related games/eroge/visual novels.
- Loli/shota material* (that means no linking to it either! Warnings and/or bans may be given for breaking this rule)
- Anything on the DO NOT UPLOAD list.
- Titles licensed by ADV, Central Park Media and Funimation.
- Any releases from Dattebayo.
- Releases from Anime-4ever, Anime-HQ and Anime-Supreme may only be uploaded by their appointed distro members.
- Incomplete series
- Complete seasons/story arcs may be allowed if the show/manga in question is very long (clarify in the Uploaders' Forum first)
- We do not permit non-Japanese audio versions of a show unless it fulfills at least one of the following 3 cases:
- It is the original language (such as Afro Samurai)
- There is no other version available (i.e., the show is very rare)
- It is accompanied by the original dub (dual audio)
- Fan-made material including doujinshi (artbooks and manga MUST be official).
- Games (including anime-related or anime-styled).
- ISOs (including DVD-rips of anime).
- Files in compressed archives (zip, rar, 7z, gz, bz2, etc)
- Manga torrents with about 300 or more images may be offered in zip/rar form, as released by the scanlation group.
- See also: What should I put in my torrents?
- Videos not packaged in .mkv, .avi, .ogm, .mp4
- exceptions may be granted if no other version is available (clarify in the Uploaders' Forum first)
- OST offers not encoded in .mp3 or a lossless codec.
- Lossy-to-lossless (e.g. MP3-to-FLAC) offers will be rejected without question.
- Upscaled releases are strongly discouraged, unless it is the best version available.
[kureshii] THESE GUIDELINES ARE TENTATIVE UNTIL CONFIRMED AND APPROVED BY STAFF (i.e. when this message disappears)
In general, we prefer:
- Codecs: Xvid, DivX or H.264/AVC. Other codecs are not widely supported and accepted (this includes but is not limited to WMV, RM, QT and Indeo).
- Containers: avi, mp4, mkv. Other containers are not widely supported and accepted (this includes but is not limited to MP(E)G, OGM, RM, FLV, QT)
- (styled) softsubs over hardsubs.
- FLAC as a lossless format for soundtracks (OSTs) because FLAC has wide support and is not proprietary.
- Material not archived in zip/rar files (exceptions are made for manga). Refer to the offer-making walkthrough for more information.
- releases from quality-subbing groups
- Speedsubs may be accepted if nothing better is available in the near future (clarify in the Uploaders' Forum first)
- Exceptions to these guidelines apply if the anime is either very old or very rare, other exceptions may also apply.
As a general rule, we allow the following versions of the same show to co-exist:
- 1 Xvid (SD) release (for lower-spec machines, hardware players and DVD-burning)
- 1 h264 HD-720p/DVD/HDTV/DTV release (for systems that can't use 1080p)
- 1 h264 HD-1080p release
- Torrent 'food-chain' (also note exceptions stated above):
- Bluray rips will replace HDTV/DVD rips (1080p can co-exist with 720p)
- HDTV/DVD rips are temporarily allowed if complete Bluray rips are more than a month away
- DVD rips will replace HDTV/DTV rips
- Dual-audio releases will replace single-audio releases
- Note: Releases normally replaced by 'superior' releases may instead be allowed to co-exist if they have something to offer over them, e.g.:
- Bluray rips will replace HDTV/DVD rips (1080p can co-exist with 720p)
Releases that do not fall under these guidelines (such really old and rare DivX releases) can be discussed in the Uploaders' Forum.
In addition, we serve as a4e's release tracker, so their releases will stay on the tracker even if a better version is offered.
We only allow 1 manga release for each manga series.
We only allow 2 versions of any OST album/compilation:
- 1 MP3 release (highest quality possible) or other non-proprietary lossy codecs (such as MPC)
- 1 lossless FLAC release (ripped from CD, or re-encoded from EAC or other lossless sources). All other formats can be converted to FLAC before uploading.
- What about single-file-FLAC vs split files?
If in doubt, remember our mantra: Quality over quantity
Do read the walkthrough to making a torrent offer if it is your first time making one.
The wiki is for informative purposes only. Anyone found abusing it or intentionally editing it in a misleading manner will be banned from the site.